NATIONAL PILOT LICENCE (NPL)
A National Pilot Licence is a recreational licence allowing a pilot to fly with one passenger by day in a Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) that has a maximum all up weight of 600kg.
This is a recreational flying licence and is divided into 2 categories:
- Conventional Controlled Microlight (CCM)
- Light Sport Aircraft (LSA)
LIGHT SPORT AIRCRAFT - FOR FUN FLYING
Training is done in our 2-seater, locally designed and manufactured Sling and or the BushCat tailwheel aircraft. The Sling has a sports car feel, “glass cockpit” with an almost 360° scenic view and with its smooth manoeuvring capabilities it is FUN to Fly. The BushCat will teach you traditional “old school” flying in a high wing aircraft with ground views that none can rival.
The course includes:
- A starter pack that incorporates textbooks and related study materials
- A Student Pilot Licence that is valid for 24 months
- 20 hours of dual flight training with an instructor
- 15 hours of solo flight training
- 20 hours of ground school briefings (theoretical training)
- 7 SACAA exams – Air Law, Principles of Flight, Aircraft Technical & General, Flight Planning & Performance, Navigation, Meteorology, Human Performance. All exams require 75% to be considered a pass
- Restricted radio course with textbook and exam
- A final flight test and briefing
- NPL on achievement that is valid for 12 months
- Aero Club membership (EAA 322) for a year
In addition to the above, the student must obtain a Class IIII Medical certificate, a language proficiency certificate and must be at least 17 years old. All flights are weather dependent and restricted to daytime flying only. Ground school briefings are one-on-one, while the restricted radio course is a group course. The 35 hours of flight time to qualify for an NPL is the minimum required by SACAA. Progress is largely dependent on the student’s frequency of flight training as well as their natural ability. You will not be permitted to fly for commercial gain.
Pilot training in the Locally
Designed and Manufactured Sling 2 & BushCat Aircraft
HIRE & FLY ( HOUR BUILDING )
Designed and Manufactured Sling 2 and BushCat Aircraft