COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE (CPL)
The Commercial Pilot Licence is for the individual who wishes to pursue a career in aviation.
A CPL enables you to fly for remuneration in a commercial environment.
Training is done in our 2-seater, locally designed and manufactured Sling aircraft. The course includes:
- A starter pack that incorporates textbooks and related study materials
- A Students Pilot Licence that is valid for 24 months
- 30 hours of dual flight training with an instructor
- 15 hours of solo flight training
- 25 hours of ground school briefings (theoretical training)
- 7 SACAA exams – Air Law, Principles of Flight, Aircraft Technical & General, Flight Planning & Performance, Navigation, Meteorology, Human Performance. All exams require 75% to be considered a pass.
- Restricted radio course with textbook and exam
- A final flight test and briefing
- PPL on achievement that is valid for 12 months
- Aero Club membership (EAA 322) for a year
- Sunset to Sunrise textbook
- 15 hours of dual flight training with an instructor
- 5 hours of ground school briefings (theoretical training)
- SACAA Night exam.
- A final Night flight test and briefing
Solo Consolidation and Cross-Country Flying:
- 90 hours of solo flight time (hour building)
- CPL manual
- 10 CPL Lectures
- General radio Licence
- 8 SACAA CPL exams
IF and advanced single engine training:
- 40 hours of IFR flight training
- 15 hours of ground school briefings
- SACAA IFR exam
CPL preparation training and CPL test:
- 12 hours of flight training
- 10 hours of ground school briefings
- SACAA CPL exam
- CPL Test
In addition to the above the student must obtain a Class I medical certificate and must be at least 18 years old. There is a minimum timeframe of 36 months to complete training after passing your last exam for CPL and a final flight test with a Designated Flight Examiner (DFE) will be required. A full time CPL course takes about 9-12 months to complete, but all courses are tailored to fit the individual’s requirements.
Pilot training in the Locally
Designed and Manufactured Sling 2 & BushCat Aircraft
HIRE & FLY ( HOUR BUILDING )
Designed and Manufactured Sling 2 and BushCat Aircraft